More than half my career has involved customer facing technical roles. In my final role, I provide technical support for an enterprise software product. We all have tales of being frustrated with technical support (especially when they’re reading from a script). Have you ever thought about the frustrations the support rep faces on a daily basis? In this series we’ll focus on the items that lengthen the time to resolution of your technical issue.
- Opening the Ticket with the Wrong Team
- A Meaningless Problem Title
- Poor Problem Description
- Log Files: Why is this so hard?
- “Severity” and the Art of Fairness
- Contact Information and Availability
- Our Contact Information and Availability